|Job Status :||Full-time|
K&N Electric Motors is hiring a Motor Mechanic for their Spokane Valley, WA location. This position is responsible for the repair of various kinds of electromechanical equipment.
Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
Test electromechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AC or DC).
Disassemble electromechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
Clean electromechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers, steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed Items from shop office, as approved by supervisor.
Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
Retest reassembled electromechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties
Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E. D), plus the successful completion a hands-on apprenticeship.
Certificates/Licenses: No certifications required
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses. Have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities/Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Ability to consistently be at work and on time.
- Dependability: Ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Analytical Ability: Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Computer/Technical Ability: Working knowledge of standard computer programs including Microsoft Office products. Basic mechanical aptitude is required. Ability to understand, perform and retain various job-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
- Ethics: Ability to treat all people with respect; promote a harassment-free environment; Uphold organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: Ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs.
- Motor Coordination: Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: Ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature. Ability to prioritize, plan and organize to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Safety and Security: Ability to observe safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions. Use equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Management: Ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Conditions: Moderate noise conditions.
- Heat: May be subject to weather and non-weather related high temperatures.
- Cold: May be exposed to weather and non-weather related low temperatures.
- Atmospheric Exposures: May occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; vibration. May be frequently exposed to risk of electric shock. May be regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
K&N Electric Motors endeavors to make http://redandassociates.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2exzbb3jywf accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Hannah Sullivan, Associated Industries, at 509-777-2639 or email@example.com. K&N is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.