|Job Status :||N/A|
|Company:||Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho (GSEWNI)|
Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho is looking for a Development Coordinator. This is a full-time, exempt, salary position that is eligible for benefits and paid time off.
Compensation: starting at $30,000 annually.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and general support to the Fund Development department. The Fund Development department is focused on securing and increasing revenue for sustainable growth of Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. This position will perform a variety of tasks related to individual and institutional giving. The position is responsible for the Council’s United Way and Grant funding opportunities and relationships. The Development Coordinator will plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Gift Entry
- Gift Acknowledgment
- Records Maintenance
- General Stewardship
- Proposal Preparation and Research
- Drives revenue growth and builds funding sources to meet organizational goals
- Creates and manages annual mailing and appeal projects
- Develops and oversees the Family Giving program
- Acts as the United Way liaison; including attendance at United Way meetings and functions, as well as completion of application materials
- Performs grant writing and management while working in collaboration with applicable departments
- Utilizes database(s) to pull reports as requested for internal and external purposes regarding philanthropic giving
- Works closely with Director of Philanthropy and Marketing and Council Executives to achieve Council philanthropic goals
- Ensures project deadlines are met consistently and communicated clearly
- Bachelor’s Degree or two years relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA.
- Must be experienced in the use of computers, including word processing, Outlook, spreadsheets, and the internet.
- Lifts objects up 25 pounds on a minimal basis, repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch while performing custodial duties. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and work in inclement weather. Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness). Ability to drive is a requirement of this position.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Multi-Tasking Ability: ability to handle many diverse tasks/projects at one time; ability to prioritize and complete them on time.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee is exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is an integral part of this position, as is the ability to work with high-stress situations based on the nature of GSEWNI mission and daily work.