|Job Status :||Full-time|
OpenEye, a cloud managed video surveillance company, is hiring a Technical Writer to add to the marketing department. The selected candidate would be responsible for creating a wide range of user-friendly, customer-focused technical and marketing documents for OpenEye products. This position also supports and adheres to the OpenEye Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create installation, setup, and user manuals for security products.
- Generate help files for software applications.
- Work with Development, Test Engineering, Customer Support, and Product Managers to gather information about new products and features to be documented.
- Update existing documentation where necessary.
- Comprehend product changes and apply updates to all documents impacted by said changes.
- Manage OpenEye’s customer facing online repository of product documents.
- Produce marketing collateral, press releases and online media content.
- Assist in populating the CMS used for OpenEye’s website.
- Audit publicly available product literature to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Perform all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Formal Education, Certification/Licensure, and Prior Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- A minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training writing user manuals, marketing copy, specifications and professional letters desirable
It is preferred an individual have:
- A background working with and writing about software and/or hardware products
We understand that our employees are our greatest asset and strive to create a positive work environment through company sponsored benefits such as gym memberships, community service projects, and retreats to surrounding locations in the great Northwest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.