|Title:||Line Service Technician|
|Job Status :||N/A|
Western Aviation is based on historic Felts Field Airport (KSFF) located between Spokane, WA and Coeur d’Alene, ID. Originally established in 1974 as Western Avionics, Western is the oldest FAA approved avionics repair station in the Inland Northwest.
Western is searching for a Line Service Technician to join their team and support the image of Western Aviation by providing friendly, helpful, quick, and competent customer service. The Line Service Technician is responsible for maintaining the ramp, fuel farm, fuel trucks and building and grounds as a first-class facility. The Technician is responsible for supporting all ground operations for inbound and outbound aircraft, flight crews, service facility customers and passengers.
*** Operating hours at Western Aviation vary depending on the season. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. ***
This is a temporary position with full-time hours available upon hire, through September. Western Aviation offers competitive compensation.
- Maintain and present to customers the Western Aviation image
- Fuel aircraft
- Perform all janitorial and grounds maintenance tasks as assigned
- Maintain cleanliness and fuel levels of rental car fleet
- Tow and marshal aircraft
- Insure aircraft are chocked, locked and secure
- Load/unload baggage
- Assist pilots with aircraft pre and post flight services
- Top off fuel trucks and fill out proper fuel farm documentation
- Operate ground support equipment
- Assist other departments as required
- Provide basic security to people and property
- Direct/Escort people, drivers and flight crews on ramp area
- Perform car rentals
- Sell goods and services and take payment from customers at front counter
- Perform aircraft detailing
- Other duties and tasks as assigned/required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, restricted licenses are not valid for employment at Western Aviation
- Pass Western Aviation Drug and Alcohol testing, background checks and submit to random testing when required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make decisions with multiple objectives and implement them in a safe, efficient manner
- Follow oral and written directions; plan and complete assigned duties on a regular schedule; and maintain good working relationships with others
- Must be available to work flexible hours including P/T, F/T, overtime and callouts when required
- Able to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to: facility cleaning, vehicle washing, aircraft cleaning and vacuuming
- Ability to work without direct management supervision
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors, day, night and in all weather conditions
The airport is a high noise environment. Line Service Technicians will be exposed to fuels and other flammable/hazardous materials and will be required to work outdoors during any time of day and in all weather conditions. Technicians operate vehicles and move aircraft in close proximity of people, buildings and other aircraft so strict safety procedures must be followed at all times.