|Title:||Kitchen Aide- Camp Four Echoes|
|Job Status :||N/A|
|Company:||Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho (GSEWNI)|
Camp Season Salary: $1600 plus room and board.
Under the direction of the Head Cook, a Kitchen Aide is responsible for assisting the Head Cook and Assistant Cook in providing meals, snacks and “pack outs” for girls ages 5-17 and seasonal camp staff. This role follows general safety guidelines. The Kitchen Aides exhibits enthusiasm and patience while exemplifying the Girl Scout core values of honesty, caring, courage, and character.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Follows kitchen procedures for incidents and emergencies
- Attends training in many aspects of running the camp food service program which include food safety, work place safety, proper use of equipment, inventory, meal planning/preparation and delivery, cleaning and food storage, allergies and special diets
- Assists in fulfilling the weekly menu, including anything needed for special diets or allergies
- Works to create a positive group culture through team-building and problem-solving activities
- Attends weekly in-service training, focusing on areas of food safety and developing additional food service skills
- Demonstrates personal responsibilities such as conflict management, positive relationships, following rules, and respecting camp property
- Follows and implements appropriate behavior management procedures when interacting with all campers
- Assists Head Cook in any paperwork as needed such as temperature charts, cleaning routines and any documentation for special diets/allergies
- Communicates appropriately with Head Cook, parents/caregivers, campers and staff regarding special diets, allergies and other food-related needs
- Exhibits punctuality and communication in time management, including daily and weekly breaks
- Respects and follows the “Camp is for the camper” philosophy by attending to camper and camp needs first
- Represents camp appropriately in the community and with parents by maintaining personal hygiene, following camp dress code, and communicating respectfully with campers, parents and other adults.
- Actively participates in staff trainings, meetings, and camp closing activities, including but not limited to deep cleaning, lifting or moving equipment, taking out trash and closing inventory
- Assists in providing healthy meals to staff during staff training and post-camp cleanup which involves staying on site one day later than the other staff in order to finish clean up, storage and inventory.
- Supports Assistant Cook with pack-out requests
- Reports concerns and incidents to the Head Cook
- Practices the Girl Scout Promise and Law with an inclusive attitude and a willingness to problem-solve
- Follows all procedures and regulations according to the GSEWNI Council, GSUSA, and state and federal guidelines and laws and the American Camp Association
- Must be 16 years or older
- Current First Aid & CPR certification
- Current Idaho Food Handlers Card
- Ability to grasp the landscape within an organization, show passion for working with Girl Scouts and the nonprofit environment and expertise in using various communication vehicles that engage girls, volunteers, parents, donors and the community
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
Regularly lift objects up 30 pounds, repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch while performing custodial duties. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time, up to 12 hours, and work in inclement weather. Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Multi-Tasking Ability: ability to handle many diverse tasks/projects at one time; ability to prioritize and complete them on time.