|Title:||Marketing Communications Specialist|
|Job Status :||N/A|
|Company :||Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho (GSEWNI)|
Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist. This is a full-time, exempt, hourly position that is eligible for benefits and paid time off.
Compensation: $32,000 per year.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Philanthropy and is responsible for supporting all marketing efforts in accordance with the mission, vision, and brand. Position includes creating and executing multiple overlapping projects from design to production, and maintaining ongoing projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Assists in planning long-term marketing and communications strategies in keeping with the mission, vision, and brand.
- Works collaboratively with interdepartmental staff to create content that includes advertising, digital marketing, email, direct mail, social media, website, and all other collateral pieces.
- Oversees projects by developing and editing content, scheduling and overseeing production, ensuring brand compliance, keeping up-to-date on brand initiatives, securing delivery partners, and creating and analyzing metrics to access effectiveness and ROI.
- Creates and maintains website content, email newsletters, and all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
- Provides research as needed for use in market studies, project needs, and marketing and advertising publications.
- Promotes a consistent, recognizable and positive Girl Scout image.
- Manages photography, video, and display assets for events and collateral pieces including advertising.
- Maintains the community relationships for marketing and publication of news and events.
- Processes invoices for internal and external vendors as needed.
- Participates in department, organizational and regional events that occur outside normal office hours.
- Coordinated digital signage messages.
- Supervises interns.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Advertising, Communications, or related field required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite with particular efficiencies in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- One to three years of experience in marketing in a progressive nonprofit and/or private organization, with preferred experience in digital design, advertising, communications/marketing.
- Experience in digital advertising and social media.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Research and measurement experience and budget management preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurability preferred.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ability to grasp the landscape within an organization, show passion for working with Girl Scouts and the nonprofit environment and expertise in using various communication vehicles that engage girls, volunteers, parents, donors and the community.
- Must be experienced in the use of computers including Apple products and Microsoft Office Suite Professional and the internet. Must be able to compile information and develop related reports, using council software. Ability to manage website CMS and familiarity with Constant Contact and Adobe Creative Suite software. Proficient in InDesign.
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
Regularly lift objects up 25 pounds, repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time and work in inclement weather. Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness).
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Multi-Tasking Ability: ability to handle many diverse tasks/projects at one time; ability to prioritize and complete them on time.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee is exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment is an integral part of this position, as is the ability to work with high-stress situations based on the nature of GSEWNI mission and daily work.