|Job Status :||N/A|
Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho is looking for a Property Assistant.
The Property Assistant is responsible for addressing an array of custodial and maintenance duties and for maintaining the highest standards in customer service and curb appeal.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform various maintenance functions including repairs to the following: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, HVAC, grounds maintenance.
- Perform daily custodial maintenance duties including: sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, mopping, and trash removal; appropriate response to security calls as needed.
- Perform landscape duties including: lawn mowing, edging, pruning trees & shrubs, lawn/parking lot clean-ups and other miscellaneous maintenance duties.
- Maintain building entries and walkways by removing debris; snow and ice with hand & powered equipment.
- Assist with vendor management and vendor quality control.
- Promote customer satisfaction by maintaining a courteous and professionally relationship with staff, volunteers, user groups and the general public at all times.
- Set up and take down equipment for meetings and events as requested; moves furniture and equipment on an incidental basis.
- Assist with landscaping and maintenance at Camp Four Echoes in Worley, ID, as needed.
- Purchase equipment & supplies as authorized by the Girl Experience Director, following GSEWNI Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and custodial chemicals.
- Maintain building security and knowledgeable about security measures and site facility operations.
- Accept guidance, direction and supervision in a timely manner; follows through on assigned duties with excellent self-motivation and minimal supervision
- Performs all other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent and experience in facility and grounds maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to understand instructions and recognize hazardous or poisonous materials and/or products. Must be able to operate and automatic floor scrubber and a variety of vacuum cleaners to include upright and backpack vacuum.
- Valid Driver's License and insurability required.
- Must be experienced in the use of computers, including word processing, Outlook, spreadsheets, and the internet.
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Bend at the waist and knees to shovel snow, and lift boxes, appliances, furniture, etc. up to 100 lbs.
- Climb and work on ladders; climb stairs, work with arms raised over head.
- Stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch.
- Tolerate extreme climate change dependent on the season and location.