|Title:||External Recruiter (Membership)|
|Job Status :||Full Time|
|Company :||Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington & Northern Idaho (GSEWNI)|
Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho is looking for an External Recruiter that will work from the Tri-Cities area. The External Recruiter is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith based institutions and other community constituents. Position is also responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow-up.
This position involves working trade show style booths, both indoors and outdoors depending on the event. Strong verbal communication skills as the External Recruiter is interacting with the Tri-Cities community. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Compensation: $35,000 annually. This is a full-time, exempt, position that is eligible for competitive benefits and generous paid time off.
This position is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith based institutions and other community constituents. Position is also responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation and community partnerships through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow-up.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through developing and implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
- Designs and/ or implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas.
- Implements membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals through cultivation and organization of communities to generate increased girl and volunteer leads.
- Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal; prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Utilizes Girl Scouts of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho customer relationship management system to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process.
- Seeks opportunities and keeps in contact with community organizations, corporations, schools and educators, and faith-based institutions to increase awareness of and participation in Girl Scouting.
- Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact membership growth.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion; demonstrates confidence to prepare for conversations and visits with potential members/customers by gathering key information and setting strong objectives to achieve successful outcome.
- Works interdepartmentally to ensure Council goals are met.
- Works with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors including United Way.
- Assists with the identification of council delegates.
- Skillfully uses a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/customers and identify needs.
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of marketing (for example, market identification and segmentation, interpretation and use of market data); demonstrates comfort in presenting the value behind solutions in a way that resonates with what is most important to the potential members/customers of the organization.
- Understands the sales process and management of leads. Sets ambitious goals and energetically and confidently drives to achieve those goals. Recognizes opportunities to “close” and has demonstrated ability to ask for the business/customer transaction.
- Works independently with minimal oversight and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, self-managed, organized, and has a strong attention to detail.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred; experience in communications/marketing, journalism, advertising and public relations required. Experience developing targeted messages and communications for diverse audiences preferred. Research and measurement experience and budget management also preferred.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurability required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ability to grasp the landscape within an organization, show passion for working with Girl Scouts and the nonprofit environment and expertise in using various communication vehicles that engage girls, volunteers, parents, donors and the community.
- Must be experienced in the use of computers to compile information and develop related reports, using council software; possess strong skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. CRM experience, especially Salesforce, desirable. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with ability to understand the basic data quality principles and practice.
- Willingness to subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout movement, including acceptance of the Girl Scout philosophy and willingness to maintain membership in the Girl Scouts USA.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
Regularly lift objects up 25 pounds, repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Climb, pull, stoop, kneel, crawl, twist and crouch. Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time including trade show booths. May occasionally work in inclement weather. This position requires driving a vehicle a significant portion of the time.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Multi-Tasking Ability: ability to handle many diverse tasks/projects at one time; ability to prioritize and complete them on time.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee is exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels but may also be exposed to inclement weather. Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment is an integral part of this position, as is the ability to work with high-stress situations based on the nature of GSEWNI mission and daily work.