|Title:||Assistant Manager - Line Services|
|Job Status :||Full Time|
Western Aviation is searching for a qualified applicant to join their team as Line Services Assistant Manager. The Line Services Assistant Manager is responsible for providing clear, concise supervision and performance facilitation of all Line Service personnel. The Line Services Assistant Manager must effectively communicate and develop personnel to ensure effective execution of the Western Aviation’s standard operating procedures and policies; ensuring all shift operations are conducted in accordance with high levels of safety and customer service. This person must lead by example, portraying the key principles of a the “Western Aviation Attitude” at all times, and develop all team members to consistently practice these key principles. When necessary, this person must function as a Line Service Technician.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
- Train, evaluate, and develop new hire employees in accordance with established procedures.
- For facilities without a Line Service Manager (dependent upon base structure), enforce company policy and procedures. Administer disciplinary action as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Organize periodic shift meetings and facilitate communication between shift personnel and Management.
- Design and facilitate appropriate daily communication with CSRs to ensure service accuracy and completeness.
- Enforce good housekeeping practices and uniform standards to employees.
- Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
- Ensure proper staffing and delegate work assignments for all Line Service Technicians on the assigned shift.
- Provide employees assigned to the shift honest communication regarding performance expectations including areas of personal strength and needed development.
- Monitor and update daily aircraft arrivals and departure requirements. Ensure timely service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Interface with customers to ensure all servicing requirements are met and that customers are satisfied with our service.
- Resolve customer service issues and communicate issues to the appropriate staff.
- Inspect entire facility for cleanliness and proper equipment operation. Report all facility discrepancies to the Line Service Manager or Vice President.
- Monitor and maintain proper fuel inventory at the storage facility.
- Perform and adhere to all recognized quality control standards including ATA 103 and NFPA 407.
- Keep fueling equipment and rental cars in presentable condition.
- Daily quality assurance and accuracy of paperwork and auditing of fuel paperwork.
- Any additional duties that may be specific or unique to your location assigned by Management
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of line or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent customer relations skills required
- NATA Certification preferred. Provided by Western Aviation
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors
- Willingness to work flexible work schedule including; overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call work
Western Aviation was originally established in 1974 as Western Avionics, and we are now the oldest FAA approved avionics repair station in the Inland Northwest. Over the years the business has grown to include aircraft maintenance, aircraft fueling, storage and a thriving pilot supply shop. As a full service FBO, Western Aviation is committed to tending to all aviation related needs, and we are dedicated to providing friendly, high quality service.