|Title:||President and CEO for Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce|
|Job Status :||Full Time|
|Company :||Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce|
The Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce (GSVCC) is searching for an innovative, decisive, and passionate leader skilled at building relationships for the role of President and CEO.
The Greater Spokane Valley Region served by the Chamber, including the Cities of Spokane Valley and Liberty Lake, is growing – both in population and jobs! The CEO will be joining a vibrant and invested community to build upon the momentum our Chamber has experienced over the past several years.
Greater Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit 501(c)6 organization serving over 780 members, utilizing membership investments to support business advocacy, workforce development and growth of businesses of all sizes in all sectors.
The ideal candidate will have the passion and vision to continue the upward trajectory of the Chamber and promote the five key initiatives, “the BIG 5,” chosen by our community members – Greater Outdoors, Greater Goods, Greater Learning, Greater Cures and Greater Vision. Focused on core values and attributes that draw business and industry to our region, the BIG 5 serve as both the beacon and the compass for the economic prosperity of the region we serve. Our Vision - we are the unifying business force dedicated to community vitality and economic prosperity for the Greater Spokane Valley – calls on the organization to support that growth through highly-valued services, programs and events. In addition, GSVCC operates a 501(c)3 education scholarship foundation.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and oversees a staff of four to five professionals, while providing guidance and support to 30 volunteer members on our Board of Directors.
This position offers: a competitive salary, based upon experience, with a potential bonus program; a rich benefits package including health and dental insurance; life insurance; short term and long term disability; generous vacation, sick and holiday pay; cell phone reimbursement; mileage reimbursement; and paid attendance at annual professional conferences.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall strategic planning, management and success of the GSVCC, measured by membership, revenue and event growth.
- Management of the Chamber’s financial affairs, including the preparation and presentation of an annual budget and sound management of revenues and expenses presented at monthly board meetings in support of the organization’s strategic vision. Works with the Board Executive Committee to develop a strategic plan.
- Increase and retain members.
- Develop funds through member investments, events and programs, sponsorships, advertising and grants to ensure programs and events are sustainable and continue to grow.
- Serve as official spokesperson and main contact for the Chamber.
- Participate in community initiatives as well as regional and state-wide business and economic-related events.
- Identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of volunteer leaders of the Chamber.
- Provide vision and leadership for the organization to achieve high level results while maintaining member engagement.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships with elected officials, nonprofits, educational and community leaders, and local businesses.
- Collaborate with Board of Directors on solutions to improve the region’s business climate.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals, increase their competency and promote team depth and unity. The CEO also provides team members with feedback, rewards and recognition, and effective communication to include timely resolution of complex issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Oversee social media platforms and marketing strategies.
Qualified candidates should be able to speak to their qualifications and competencies including leadership, managing people, teamwork, delegation, ability to drive results, creating the new and different, communication, interpersonal and diversity skills, managerial courage, political savvy, approachability, quality management, ethics, and adaptability.
For more information about the Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce please visit: https://spokanevalleychamber.org/
Application deadline: July 20th, 2018
To apply online please visit: http://redandassociates.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2exzbbyu5tk
Please provide a copy of your current resume and cover letter when applying online.